Welcome to ToTG!



March 20, 2013

What Took You So Little?

I was checking out the StatCounter statistics; since this blog isn't monetized, it really doesn't matter about the number of visitors, but I have the counter mostly to satisfy my own curiosity as to just who - and to a lesser extent, how many - people visit. It's also interesting to see where they come from and what they're searching for.  I also like to see what browser and operating system they're using.  It doesn't keep a running total like the StatCounter does, but my Feedjit counter does a good job in "real time" letting me know who is visiting, what they were looking for and what country they're from.

I've only had the counter for a couple of months and learned something after going by the Google Analytics page statistics; I used to think this blog had about a hundred visitors every day, but that was "page loads" and not unique visitors.  That figure is usually from 30-40. Oh well. (the counter doesn't give detailed stats on the https traffic;  for that, I'd have to pay for it and I certainly don't want to do that!)

One statistic I hadn't checked before was the length of stay and I was a little dismayed to see how little time most people spent here. Here's a screen capture of that particular stat:

As you can see, nearly 80% spend less than five seconds after they get here. One thing I'll give 'em...they recognize a worthless blog when they see one.

The 9 that stayed longer than an hour must have fallen asleep at their computer.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Kind of proof that we are evolving into a society with the attentions span of a gnat. I was going to say goldfish but my daughter tells me they have one of about 30 seconds.

I enjoy your blog but I may account for some of that 79%. I will click and see if there is a new post and then click on if I don't see a new item at the top =bg=

Mike said...

Actually, I bet a large percentage of the largest percentage is the Google bot, it shows up really often, several time a day here lately. I'm going to write a post about that sometime soon.

Carolea said...

I try to vist every day.

Joanne Casey said...

My pie chart looks just the same, not much reading to my blog, though :)Maybe they can't speak English.

sharintexas said...

I only get to come check out what you are doing here on the weekends as a general rule. Since I use my work computer 11 hours a day I very seldom turn on my personal computer until the weekends. I just check my e-mail and Facebook with my phone. It makes it feel less like "work" that way. But, I do try and check on you at least once a week. I always enjoy catching up with what's going on here.