Welcome to ToTG!



September 11, 2013

I'm No Luddite

You Are Decades Behind the Times

You probably know that you're stuck in the past. And you're not ashamed to admit it.

You consider yourself old school, and maybe even a bit of a luddite.

You believe the best things don't change, so why concern yourself with the "latest and greatest"?


You may be shocked how things have improved. Try and give the present a chance! 


Sometimes these quizzes are a little insulting; first of all, I am certainly no Luddite.(I'd have a robot maid if they made one) I sometimes resist change, but it's almost always "change for change's sake" I dislike. If something works well, I see no reason to do away with it just because the newest model comes out.  It's darn annoying to invest in - as an example - VCR tapes, then DVDs and then Blue-ray and then....???  Sometimes the change is NOT for the better. (Windows ME, for one - the new features were great, the stability sucked)

The test also insulted me with the results b/c I don't have a cell phone.  I seldom travel and don't get many calls on my land line, so there's no need to shell out the bucks for something I wouldn't use.  I hardly ever call on my phone except for tech support or to order a pizza (and lately I've been ordering online - the only way to be more modern with that would be to use mental telepathy to order a beef and mushroom pie)

Also, the test discriminated against me because of my music choices.  I like *some* of the music that's out now, but I prefer the music of my youth and honestly think it was better.  Considering the sold-out crowds at some of these "geriatric" rock band concerts, I'm not the only one who thinks that way.   My favorite music invokes memories of a happier and carefree time, of being young and in love, without the aches and pains of old age. 

3 comments:

Barb said...

You're right, that quiz was very phone centered. I'm behind the times too, which in my book isn't an entirely bad thing.

Mike said...

My computers have all been a year behind the time, but that's just timing of when the old one crashed and burned.

I had bought quite a few DVDs when Blu-ray came out. I'm sure if I got Blu-ray and started buying those discs, then the next thing will be a one-inch disk. That's one of the reasons I've been buying digital music, am sure my CDs will be obsolete within a few years.

Several yrs. ago we were all at the folk's house and watching Jeopardy. What I didn't know, my sister did and her grandkids thought we were really brainy. I let them think that instead of telling them that it was our age that made us know the answers...when you've lived that long, stuff is bound to sink in, if for no other reason than saturation osmosis. -grin-

Carolea said...

We got Joey a pre paid minute cell phone. For some reason here there are no pay phones around. its not fancy tho.