Welcome to ToTG!



November 6, 2013

Hearts: Round Two

Here's my second go-around of playing a hundred games of Hearts (first one here: Half-Hearted); I did a little better this time.

Now, I'm sure this post doesn't interest many - if any -  of you reading it, and probably is boring to the rest, just as if I were to post about the dreams I have or what I had for supper, but please cut me some slack...you'd pity me if you knew just how boring my life is otherwise. (nearly as boring as my dreams) A close game of Hearts is about as exciting as it gets for me these days. (well, there ARE my thrilling Skip-Bo sessions)


I think I'll give Hearts a rest for a while, maybe have another go at a hundred games during this upcoming winter when it's too cold to do much else.  I'll post about that after I'm done.

Or not.  I may just have some sympathy for the pitifully few readers of this pathetic excuse for a blog.

2 comments:

Barb said...

All the years I played hearts with my dad I never won once. He was a shark like that. At least you're at 51 % ;)

Mike said...

You told me about him once, quite a few years ago. I think I've told you, but I think of him often when I play Hearts and I really try to remember the cards played. That's been the secret to my success, I think.

Yep, winning half the games is really good, I think, esp. considering there are four players. I wonder if the program has different skill levels for ea. of the other three players, like one novice, one medium skill and an expert? I'll have to keep tabs on their scores over the next marathon of playing.