Welcome to ToTG!



December 5, 2013

It's Clear in the Mirror

Your Aura is Red

You have a high level of emotion. This can mean passion, but it can also mean rage.

Usually, you don't take these emotions out on others. You just use them as motivation - and it works!

The purpose of your life: embracing all the wonders of the life, lots of travels, and tons of adventures

Famous reds include: Madonna, Marilyn Monroe, Jennifer Lopez

Careers for you to try: Dancer, Boxer, Surgeon 

 

In case you aren't familiar with Auras, from Wiki: In parapsychology and many forms of spiritual practice, an aura is a field of subtle, luminous radiation surrounding a person or object (like the halo or aureola in religious art). The depiction of such an aura often connotes a person of particular power or holiness. Sometimes, however, it is said that all living things (including humans) and all objects manifest such an aura. Often it is held to be perceptible, whether spontaneously or with practice: such perception is at times linked with the third eye of Indian spirituality. Various writers associate various personality traits with the colors of different layers of the aura. It has also been described as a map of the thoughts and feelings surrounding a person.

Personally, I'm not much of a believer in this sort of thing. I was with a woman I was dating several years ago and just outside a video store we bumped into a former classmate of my big sister. Now, this woman was - to put it as politely as I can - pretty much a "space cadet". She claimed she had been contacted by aliens and was into all the New Age spirituality long before most of the rest of us in our small town had ever even heard of it.

I introduced my friend to this woman and immediately after the introduction, she told my date "Your aura is lovely." My friend took it in stride, thanked her and excused herself to go on into the store. I talked with the woman a while longer, catching up on what each other had been doing, discussed our families, then I asked her "What color is MY aura?"

"Oh, it's very dark, dark indeed, nearly black."

Hell, I couldn't see it but could've guessed that. I'm sure it always gets darker when I'm around crazy people.

4 comments:

Barb said...

mine came out blue. I had to laugh at your use of "space cadet", haven't heard that one in awhile. :D

Mike said...

Seems like that was the exact term used to describe her. She has a very unusual first name and it makes me wonder if there's not something to that theory that a person's name determines their personality, or at least has a strong effect upon it. (I don't want to post her name; she's a nice person otherwise and I wouldn't want any libel issues, just in case)

I was at the store the other day and when I came out, I noticed one of those luxury SUVs parked a few spots away from my pickup, a woman sitting behind the wheel digging through her purse. I couldn't be for sure, but I think it was her. The encounter I wrote about was about 9-10 yrs. ago, so I'm sure her appearance has changed.

Carolea said...

Blue.

Mike said...

Afterwards, when I was telling my date who the woman was, she said "I was taken aback when she mentioned my aura, but I had a friend who was into that stuff, so at least I knew what she was talking about."

"Not me." I replied. "She's the only person I know who believes in that sort of thing. When she said 'Your aura is lovely.' I looked to make sure you had worn a bra."

My date then tried to tell me what the difference was, but I interrupted and told her I DID know and that if you had to explain a joke, it wasn't funny.

This woman was rich when she was in school, but after her folks passed away, they started drilling on their land and now she's REALLY rich. I've seen her four/five times in the last decade and ea. time she's driving a brand new HUGE, top-of-the-line SUV. This last one was a Mercury, I believe, the time before was an Escalade.