Welcome to ToTG!



January 28, 2014

For Your Hairy Brownies

I really like shopping on Amazon, finding it easy to get certain items without having to buy from the local Walmart and most of the time the items are less expensive on Amazon than they are at that "discount" store.

Earlier this evening, I searched for an unfamiliar candy ingredient I saw in a recipe and saw the sale listing on Amazon in the search results.  After finding out what it was, I started looking at other items on Amazon, checking out the related items.  I looked at baking chocolate and saw a high rating for a Ghirardelli brownie mix.  I glanced at the price,  reasonable enough for four boxes of premium mix, then scrolled down to read the comments when I saw a "Frequently Bought Together" listing.  Amazon has these under nearly every product and usually there's a price break when the items are purchased together.  It's mostly like items or those that compliment each other, such as several pieces of microwave cookware or a set of knives with a sharpener.  I couldn't understand this pairing, though:



5 comments:

Barb said...

Wierd combo! On a related note, Ghirardelli brownie mix is the only kind I buy. All of the varieties are great. I add an extra egg (because i always have them in abundance) My local supermarket often runs a sale on the 2 for $5.00 and I stock up.

Mike said...

Wow, that's a lot cheaper than on Amazon. I believe someone said they could get it that cheaply too, that Amazon was overpriced on that mix.

I love brownies and every now 'n then I buy them from the bakery at my fav. local grocery store, but they're not my fav., a little "cakey" and dense. I only buy them when they're on sale and not always then, because even discounted, they're priced a little high considering they're not as good as I like. A small pkg. is usually $4.99, on sale for 3.99, but sometimes I buy them on the "stale" rack and they're nearly as good as fresh if I nuke 'em for 20-30 seconds.

Mike said...

Meant to add that I don't know how much that mix is at the grocery store b/c I hardly ever go down the baking aisle except every four/five months when I buy a big pkg. of Splenda.

Barb said...

When they aren't on sale I never buy them so I'm not sure exactly what the "regular" price is. I know it's close to $3.00. Nothing better than a fresh, still warm brownie. :D
Of course, that's part of the reason I'm so chubby!

Mike said...

Oh yeah, ain't much better than a warm brownie and a cold glass of milk.

"Much" being the operative word; there ARE *some* things better. Been a while since I've had them, too. -grin-