Welcome to ToTG!



January 3, 2014

Patience is a Virtue

One that I don't possess.


You Are Patient Enough

In most cases, you are patient enough to keep it together.

You may feel impatient on the inside, but you don't usually let it show.

However, if you're made to wait for too long, you will usually crack.


You're only human, after all. You don't like for your patience to be tested. 

 
I've never been a patient person; I never cared to fish, hate waiting in lines, can't stand sitting in a waiting room. When I was a driller on rigs, I fired guys for constantly having to wait on them and making me late for work. I've dated women with no sense of time, so frustrating for me, especially when they KNEW we had to leave at a certain time to get to the movies or some other function that required us to be on time only to show up at her house and find that she wasn't anywhere nearly ready to go.

It annoys me when I'm behind someone in a store and they don't even get their checkbook out until the transaction is complete; they could have at least had it ready with the other information before the total was announced. (or get a freakin' debit card, for cryin' out loud!) I really get annoyed when I'm behind someone at the grocery store and they stop to look at an item, leaving their cart in the middle of the aisle blocking any way around them...and when I clear my throat and get ignored, then speak up and say " 'SCUSE ME!" only to have them reach over and move their cart an inch or two, expecting that to be enough...then they give you a look like "What I'M doing has to be much more important than what YOU want to do!"

Stick your passive-aggressive attitude where the sun don't shine, lady. My time ain't worth a lot, but it's worth as much as yours.

It's infuriating to be behind someone at a red light, watching them put on their makeup or changing stations on their radio when the light turns green. I don't like to honk my horn, but after 20-30 seconds I do and they look up in surprise, see the green light turning yellow and then speed off through the intersection, leaving me to sit through another traffic light cycle because they had their head in their ass.

I could never be a vulture.




1 comment:

Carolea said...

same here. I used to poke around, but Joe hates being late, so now He wakes Me up hours before We have to be some where.