Welcome to ToTG!



February 5, 2014

Best Oscar Movie

With the Oscars coming up, ABC News has come up with an NCAA basketball-type bracket which allows you to rank the best Oscar winners over the past 64 years.

Easy to do; hover over each entry with your cursor to see a synopsis of each movie, then click on one to send it on to the second round. Do one side, then go over to the other. (there will be more of the bracket and you'll need to scroll down to see all the choices)

There were only a few movies I had not seen and coincidentally enough, the very first choice I had to make was between two of them (Argo and The Artist). I went ahead and voted, not only because I had to in order to complete the first round, but I had read enough about both of those movies to make an informed choice.

Other choices were much more difficult to make, because I HAD seen both and loved each but had to make a choice. (such as Patton and Midnight Cowboy) Difficult decisions aside, it was a fun thing to do. The next round will begin Feb. 6th and I'm looking forward to continue voting and to eventually see which movie gets the most votes.


2 comments:

Carolea said...

That was fun Thanks Mike

Mike said...

I voted on the 2nd round today; most of those I picked made it. I wish the seeding was a little different b/c I had to choose between Forrest Gump and Braveheart...chose Gump, but both are among my fav. flicks.

Thanks f/ posting!