Welcome to ToTG!



February 15, 2014

Introducing Josh Turner

It was in my YouTube recommendations - a video of some kid named Josh Turner doing the Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing".  I probably would have ignored it except that's one of my favorite songs.  Still, I thought twice about clicking on the video because I'd seen other covers of the tune and wasn't at all impressed...however, I certainly was impressed with Mr. Turner's version.

I then watched many other of his videos and was even more impressed;  he often does other covers with a few of whom I suppose are some of his friends and sometimes accompanies a few young ladies (who also impress me with their vocal talent) on the guitar and sings harmony.  I'm not sure what-all instruments he plays, but I've so far seen him play guitars, both 6 and 12-string as well as a mandolin.  I suspect he can play several other musical instruments.

So, here's introducing Josh Turner...if you don't already know who he is.  I predict a bright future for this talented young man.



Josh Turner YouTube Channel

No comments: