Welcome to ToTG!



February 13, 2016

Fwench Toast

Going through my Facebook pages feed, I noticed this on the Relish Magazine wall:

(click graphic for larger view)


Any mention of French toast always reminds me of a story told to me by a friend; he had met the friend of a woman I was dating at her house and because my date and I wanted some privacy, went home with her. (great friend!) The babysitter was there and the woman paid the young girl who was doing the sitting and after she was gone, went in to look in on her daughter asleep in her bedroom. After a few minutes, the woman came out and sat beside my friend who was waiting on the couch. One thing lead to another and...well, you get the drift, I hope.

My friend said he woke up the next morning to find the little girl standing by his side of the bed, silently staring at him, her hair mussed by sleep, a thumb stuck in her mouth and a grubby little blanket held in her other arm. They looked at each other for a while, then my friend asked: "What do you want?"

The little girl took her thumb out of her mouth and answered:

"Fwench toast."

2 comments:

Joanne Casey said...

Need for french toast greater than fear of stranger

Mike said...

After getting to know more and learn about that woman, I suspected that there had been quite a few strangers the little girl found asleep in her mom's bed.