Welcome to ToTG!



March 25, 2014

Happy Waffle Day!

You Are Innovative

You find entirely new ways of doing things. You are progressive and original.

You are knowledgeable and well-read. If no one can teach you, you'll teach yourself.

Nothing escapes notice your notice. You are highly observant and attentive.


You are wise and thoughtful. You are very philosophical about life. 


 


Coincidentally enough, I "waffled" on choosing the waffle pics. I finally settled on this one, even though I've never had waffles with chocolate sauce and fruit, which sounds/looks delicious.  I'm not sure the results really fit me, but I'd like to think so. (except I'm definitely not "progressive", at least in the political sense)

I haven't had waffles in years and years;  I guess the last time was at an IHOP and it was a mistake on my order but the place was so busy I didn't have the heart or inclination to send them back for the pancakes I had originally ordered.  They were pretty good, so much better than the frozen type we used to sometimes have when I was a kid.  I don't know what it was about those things, but they usually had a cold or frozen spot left in them and if you toasted them longer, they'd come out nearly black, inedible and tough.

As my friends and loyal readers of this blog know, I subscribe to a bunch of recipe sites in my reader.  Every now and then a recipe for chicken and waffles pops up and while that isn't something that's on the menu in this part of the country, I think it would be good.  Then again, I'm a person who likes to dip  french fries into my chocolate shake, so....

Today is Waffle Day, btw, although there's a little bit of controversy about just what day it really is.

1 comment:

Carolea said...

You are appreciative of all of the good things in your life. You count your blessings.
You are affirming and supporting. You accept people where they are, imperfections and all.

You are unselfish, humble, and altruistic. You get great joy from putting others first.
You are warm and welcoming. You will go the extra mile to make someone feel included.