Welcome to ToTG!



March 27, 2014

Who is Gregory?


Like most everyone else who has a Gmail account, I get a lot of spam; thankfully, most of it is sent straight to the spam folder. Because every now and then a legitimate email or newsletter gets sent there, I go through it once/day and mark them as "safe" so they'll be routed to the inbox in the future. I don't understand why I get so much spam addressed to "Gregory", though.

I did a quick search and found that many people get spam not addressed to them, but I didn't find anyone else who gets "Gregory spam", though. I get something at least once a day addressed to Gregory and there were four emails today. Strange.

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Somewhere, there's a Gregory wondering the exact same about his spam emails sent to Mike.

Just kidding, of course, but did you not tell me you purchased "topoftexas" DotCom?
Don't you get an email acct. associated with that address?
I thought of securing "localmalcontent" DotCom, and when I investigated, learned that an email acct. was included... just wonderin'...

Mike said...

No, I just leased the name/registered the domain for a yr. I got an email the other day telling me the subscription wasn't set to auto-renew, so it will expire April 18th.

I didn't have it hosted anywhere like a "real" website, instead just used the Blogger platform. I don't think it's worth paying even the relatively small amt. - I'd have to "monetize" it, put up ads, maybe Amazon referrals, etc. and I honestly don't think I'd make the money back or that it'd be worth it. I get just 50-75 unique visitors a day, sometimes more but sometimes less, and I doubt I'd break even on it.

I'm a little worried about what's going to happen when I let the subscription lapse, but not too much. I bet it will just revert back to blogspot.com.