Welcome to ToTG!



June 17, 2014

Freaky Feet Fact

Adult feet can produce up to a half-pint of sweat a day.

My trivia calendar said a quarter of a cup, but I've double checked and found out it's been wrong before, so I'm now loathe to trust it.  A quick search said a half-pint - and I'm more apt to trust a site called Foot.com than I am a trivia calendar that's been wrong several times.

Besides that, I don't want someone coming in here and telling me I'm an idiot, that my facts are wrong and/or that they've "wrung out their socks and got a half-pint of moisture out of them!".

Every time someone uses anecdotes to prove something, it makes my head hurt. -grin-


3 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

One of my earliest memories, Mike, is attending a pow-wow and afterward, a cakewalk in Octavia, Oklahoma, where my dad won the prize for the sweatiest, stinkiest feet.
I've pretty much followed in his damp footsteps~

For years now, I've chosen to just buy new socks every couple of weeks, instead of trying to launder them out; Leticia will insist sometimes, that I go into the bathroom and re-wash my feet and legs before coming to bed...
she's kind enough not to say why.

Interesting article, and I would agree with that amount of sweat/liquid.

Mike said...

My closest friends and family know I'm nuts about socks and refuse to wear any w/ holes in them or mismatched ones, either. The main reason I love (white) socks is that my feet sweat a LOT and I've been known to change my socks in the middle of the day.

Anyway...that sure seems like a lot of sweat, but I've lost 7-8 lbs. before on a hot day when working outside...that's close to a gallon of fluid. (fresh water weighs 8.3 lbs./gallon, sweat prob. weights a little bit more since there are salts in it)

sharintexas said...

I just go barefoot 95% of the time. Guess all that is on my carpet? Yuck!!