Welcome to ToTG!



November 7, 2014

The Best Way to Prepare Oatmeal

I've been buying oatmeal through Amazon for the last several years and my preferred choice has been McCANN'S Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal, Quick & Easy, but recently my favorite grocery store has been carrying it at a competitive price so I now buy it there.

I was going through some files in my "ToTG" folder, the one I save video embed codes, funny emails and other Notepad documents with things I use often, like the Word of the Day image or simple tables HTML I sometimes want to use in a post and found the following, a comment in an argument about the best way to prepare steel-cut oatmeal.  The date of the document was over a year ago and I didn't put in the URL to the comment, sorry.

(Me?  I just heat up water, measure out a quarter cup of oatmeal in a bowl and when the water is boiling, I pour some on it along w/ some cinnamon and Splenda then put a plate on the bowl to hold the heat in.  I then make my coffee and by the time I've let it steep and then had a cup, my oatmeal is soft enough to eat.)

Like many inane arguments, it got heated and this post pointed out how stupid it was to argue about oatmeal. 

All of you are wrong. I get so frustrated reading these mindless diatribes and misinformation. Pour the entire tin contents down a hippo's mouth. Hippos cannot break down or digest oats. Wait approximately 3 hours. Recover the steamy moist oats after it has followed the creature's digestive tract. Place fresh hot oats in your children's mittens, boots and ear muffs for added protection against the cold. Apply mortar patches to crumbling basement foundations. Place the remainder in a fine china bowl and enjoy with some Vermont maple syrup.

No comments: