Welcome to ToTG!



November 17, 2014

Took Sunday Off

Not that anyone noticed, but I took yesterday off (from posting in here).  For the first time in years, I watched football all day long and not only was that out-of-the-ordinary for me, Dallas wasn't even playing since they're in their bye week.

I really enjoyed watching the other conference opponents - New York, Washington and Philadelphia - not only get beat, but beaten fairly badly.  Sure, the Giants didn't lose by much, but they played so poorly it was fun to watch the meltdown. 

I'll have to admit, however, that I'm about "footballed out" after watching the biggest part of four games yesterday (including the late game last night).  I doubt I'll watch Monday Night Football, but will instead catch up on some of my favorite new-found TV series.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Wonder how many brain cells you lost watching football all day?

Mike said...

I dunno, Sis, probably a few, but at least I didn't drink, which may or may not kill brain cells, depending upon the study.

I really didn't watch any of them from start to finish, but rather just watched until the game was no longer in doubt. Even while watching, I kept another window open and did other things or played Hearts or Skip Bo.

Other than a year or so in the late 80's when I didn't watch much football at all, I've always kept up with the 'Boys,even through the times when I didn't have cable or was working and couldn't watch the game. They're a lot more fun to follow these days since they've been competitive...and I'm including the last three 8-8 seasons, at least they were in it until the last game. They don't have to win for me to enjoy watching them, they just have to try...that's all you can ask a mule to do, huh?

Thanks for posting,here and on other posts!