Welcome to ToTG!



December 20, 2014

Mega-Sick

I stayed up last night to see the winning numbers in the Mega Millions lottery;  I didn't even get a single number, but at least the jackpot rolled over and will be $142 million next Tuesday night. (which will be Christmas Eve, so maybe I'll get a fantastic present for the holiday!)

What I did notice was someone hit 5 numbers but didn't get the bonus ball.  That paid a cool million, but I also noticed they didn't opt for the Megaplier which, with the multiplier of X3 would have paid 3 million bucks.

(click for larger view)



Can you imagine how conflicted they must feel after seeing their numbers come up?  On one hand, they won a million dollars, but on the other, since they didn't shell out another buck for the Megaplier, they left two million on the table.

I dunno 'bout them, but I would probably most likely puke when I realized how much money I had lost by not spending two dollars instead of one.   That's why I always play the Megaplier on the Mega Millions, the Powerplay on Powerball and Extra on the Texas Lotto.  I don't always play the lotteries, but just last week I won $12 instead of $4 because I had spent the extra buck and in the past I've won other larger amounts because of it.  No, I haven't even broke even on playing, but I'm not going to regret ever not playing the option of multiplying a lower-tier prize.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Good luck in your million dollar quest! Don't forget your big sister if you win!

Mike said...

I went ahead and got numbers for two drawings in a row.

Of course I'll remember you, Sis. Depending upon how much I win, I plan on sharing it with my family. After all, I have no children to leave it to and honestly? I can't think of how I'd spend it all; there's not a lot of toys I'd want. I'd really just like to have a place out in the country close enough to town to be convenient but far enough away from neighbors where I could have some chickens, cats and dogs and be able to pee outside when I wanted.