Welcome to ToTG!



January 9, 2015

Let There Be Light!

From the Photobucket archives:

How Many Church Members To Change a Light Bulb?

CHARISMATIC: Only one. Hands already in the air.

PENTECOSTALS: Ten. One to change the bulb, and nine to pray against the spirit of darkness.

PRESBYTERIANS: None. Lights will go on and off at predestined times.

ROMAN CATHOLIC: None. Candles only.

BAPTISTS: At least 15. One to change the light bulb, and three committees to approve the change and decide who brings the potato salad.

EPISCOPALIANS: Eight. One to call the electrician, and seven to say how much they liked the old one better.

NAZARENE: Six. One woman to replace the bulb while five men review church lighting policy.

LUTHERANS: None. Lutherans don't believe in change.

AMISH: What's a light bulb?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: None. The lights are on, but no one's home.

MORMONS: Five. One man to change the bulb, and four wives to tell him how to do it

2 comments:

Barb said...

=Snicker= I like the Jehova one best

Mike said...

They don't bug me anymore; I used to be nice to them, offer them a glass of ice water but would usually tell them I just wasn't interested. One time while I was working nights, I had a sign on my door, couldn't miss it "Please do not disturb - day sleeper" and they went ahead and knocked...and knocked...and knocked again. They probably heard some curse words that they never had heard before and probably never want to hear again.

In that email, there was the bra joke too, but I'd already done that one, had forgotten until I did a search.

Thanks f/ posting!