Welcome to ToTG!



June 24, 2017

I Guess That's Why

He's called "The King of the Jungle". 

From today's trivia calendar: 

A lion sleeps for 20 hours a day.

And this one from last week - I didn't post it because while it's a natural thing, I did think it was a little inappropriate for my "G" rated blog:

(and especially considering the jokes I could have made about it)

Lions sometimes mate up to 40 times a day.

OK, I'm not great at math, but if a lion is only awake for four hours each day and in that time he's mating up to 40 times...no wonder he sleeps most of the day away.


2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Uhhhh--King of the Jungle is appropriate. I wonder who had to watch them sleep and mate. Is this all lions or just some of the more "active" ones? Strange little tidbit of information.

Mike said...

I'm sure whoever did the study got a few million from the govt. (Us!) to do it.