Welcome to ToTG!



July 18, 2015

Feeling Nostalgic?

Thank goodness for high-speed Internet!

Remember "the old days" of dial-up?  Relive that time with Dial Up Sound.

I used AOL a time or two when money got tight and I couldn't afford my service provider monthly charge, but I disliked the AOL browser, so I would minimize it and use Internet Explorer.  I remember hooking up my first computer, using the directions I had got when I went down to the ISP office and arranged for service...it was a thrill hearing this sound, knowing that in just a matter of seconds I was going to be able to surf the World Wide Web!

My connection isn't nearly as fast as some, but at least I can now watch a YouTube video and have most pages load in a second or two.  I used to keep a book or magazine by the computer to have something to do while I was waiting on my email messages to all come up.


No comments: