Welcome to ToTG!



August 2, 2015

1962 Pontiac Tempest

This model was the first legal-to-drive car I ever owned;  mine was maroon with black interior and wasn't in nearly as good shape when I bought it (or sold it).   The flyer on the back glass says it's for sale for $10,400, quite a bit more than the $50 I paid for mine.


As you can see at the first of the video, the gear shifter is on the dashboard and it doesn't have a "Park" option - you put it in neutral and set the parking brake.   Mine got pretty good gas mileage, but even with that, I still sometimes had to burn condensate (drip gas) in it during the winter of the year I drove it. (since I wasn't working)  When I bought my next car, my dad bought it from me for fifty bucks and I believe he turned around and sold it for a hundred.  That was OK;  he had overhauled the transmission for me and repaired some rusted out spots on the front fenders and I'm sure his profit didn't even begin to cover the time he spent fixing it up for me.

No comments: