Welcome to ToTG!



August 10, 2017

There's No "P" in Huacachina

Today's Bing page has a lovely image of Huacachina, a village in southwestern Peru, built around a small oasis surrounded by sand dunes. It is in the Ica Province, about five kilometers from the city of Ica in the Ica District. The oasis features on the back of the 50 Nuevo Sol note. Huacachina has a permanent population of around 100 although it hosts many tens of thousands of tourists each year.

I decided I'd open up Google Earth and look at the satellite imagery, then discovered it also had the Street View.  I started my "tour" just outside the oasis, just as if I were driving into the town.  I didn't go very far until I saw this:



It's a little hard to see with this screenshot, but it sure looks like the guy is peeing right by the side of the road!

Google has been sued before for showing people urinating, so I was surprised they left this one un-blurred. I forwarded the view a few feet and saw this:


As you can see, I had missed the green garden hose the first time.

No comments: