Welcome to ToTG!



September 23, 2017

OK, I Won't

I've been getting some strange emails in my spam folder here lately, but this one is one of the strangest:


Of course, I know it's some type of scam, but most of that type have some type of link in the body of the mailing.  A quick search showed a few other people had got this exact same one and other similar ones but they were like me, wondering what the purpose is of them.

The only thing I can think of is someone being freaked out and replying back to the mail and therefore verifying that theirs is a working email address, but checking the reply to addresses shows these:

sports@omgmaxi.net,
ezines@arcamax.com,
info@aweber.com,
reliablesources@turner.com,
ebay@ebay.co.uk,
security@nexusfox.com


Now, I don't care enough about it to check to see if those domains are all legit or not, but I sure ain't gonna send an email out to any of 'em.  

That doesn't look like a legitimate email address, but as I always do, I will post it so the email address harvester bots can pick on it as well as the others I post.  Spam the spammers! 
 
oman@dvitlms.icmwquvcob.fr

What's amusing is how the sender obfuscated the "F***k You...!!" but didn't do the others. (I cut out most of the other words)

Stop sending you my photos?  OK, I won't.  I don't even send them to people I KNOW, much less to a total stranger.  Besides, I don't know too many women named Jessica, but the ones I DO know would be the ones sending ME photos

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yup same here got three of the last few days

Mike said...

I forgot I had received a similar one not all that long ago and wrote about it. I even have a label/keyword "Spam" but most of them are just annoying and not all that funny.

I think we need to make sending out spam a capital offense. I'd be willing to strap them into the electric chair or pull the trigger if a firing squad was used.

Thanks f/ posting!